Surrey Training Hub is now supporting its PCN Education Teams with the PCN Clinical Learning Environment process. This is to accredit each PCN as a combined learning environment, approved by NHSE to take students and qualified professionals in primary care training (including foundation and speciality training doctors). Benefits of completing this process are:
- One off process to accredit, streamlined paperwork.
- More possibilities with pooled capacity and supervisors; shared responsibilities (inductions/timetables/tutorials etc).
- Improve retention of “home grown” staff who can be developed
- Positioned to take advantage of future opportunities that will be targeted to approved PCN CLEs.
- Additional support for QI and meeting PCN targets
- Facilitation of best practice, celebrating what you already do that works.
- Sharing burdens of teaching/training whilst diversifying the learner experience.
- Focus your training at PCN level: What do staff do you need to deliver to meet the needs of your patients.