The Surrey Training Hub supports a number of staff from GP Practices to commence training courses, using the apprenticeship levy transfer scheme from larger levy paying employers.
What is the apprenticeship levy?
Employers with a pay bill over £3 million each year must pay the apprenticeship levy, which is 0.5% of their pay bill. If you are a levy paying practice, then the course fees would be paid through your apprenticeship levy system. Most GP practices are non-levy paying employers which means there are two possible routes to receiving funding:
- Transfer of Levy- Levy paying employers can transfer some of their annual levy to other employers. These transfers cover 100% of the training costs of the apprenticeship (you still need to cover salary).
- Co-investment - The government will fund 95% of the course fees and the remaining 5% will be paid by the GP practice.
Surrey Training Hub have links with many large trusts and partner organisations across Surrey Heartlands who are offering to transfer the full cost of apprenticeship programmes to smaller health and social care organisations including Primary Care.
Health Education England funding
Health Education England (HEE) are offering additional funding for the Nursing Associate Apprenticeship and the Registered Nursing Degree Apprenticeship. Please contact the STH for more details