The Primary Care Network Educator Team are the focal point for education, learning and workforce development & planning within the PCN’s and wider teams. The team consists of a PCN Educator, PCN Nurse and a PCN admin.
• To increase capacity and capability for:
- pre-registration clinical placements at undergraduate and postgraduate levels for the clinical workforce, across the PCNs
- work experience
• Increase supervision capability and capacity within the PCN to supervise multi-professionals in order to implement professional frameworks such as FCP/ ACP framework.
• Work with STH to understand and meet the training and development needs of the current and future workforce.
The PCN Educator Team:
• Link to Surrey Training Hub including attendance at monthly meetings and input on planning of wider education and development events.
• Support the Clinical Educators within the PCN.
• Help develop plans for CPD funding for non GPs within the PCN alongside practices to enable effective education, training and workforce development activities.
• Work with the LEL to develop opportunities for new placement models such as PCN placement models.
• Increase pre-registration multi-professional placement activity in primary care.
• PCNs must ensure that they have in place appropriate governance, such as a Memorandum of Understanding between constituent organisations to enable cross organisation assurances and clarity of roles and responsibilities.
• PCNs must participate in the evaluation of this investment in the PCN Educator model via quarterly reports re: increase in placement capacity, supervision capacity and recruitment/retention.
• In partnership with the LEL and GP Tutor, establish supportive professional activities such as formal or informal networks or supervision groups and Action Learning Sets in own area.
• Actively promote and have an oversight of the GPN Fellowships across the PCN, and provide support as required to their mentors/supervisors.
• As a team develop plans for PCN Protected Learning Time Programme to ensure it meet the needs of the whole workforce
• Support the implementation of professional educational frameworks such as the NMC Standards ‘Framework for nursing and midwifery education’ and FCP/ ACP frameworks.
• Support the delivery of the NHSE General Practice Nursing Ten Point Plan
• Support and advise all registered professionals to meet the requirements set out by their regulatory body.
• Work towards ensuring all staff have the appropriate knowledge, skills, values and behaviours to meet the needs of the extended primary care network.
For more information about the PCN Education Team or if you would like to be involved in your PCN, please contact the Surrey Training Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org.